Saturday 12 February 2011

Making a photographic statement

On one of my other modules for this semester is a photographic project in 2 parts, the first being to photograph a certain area of Bradford, a page from the A to Z, a ‘journey of discovery’ and reflecting on ‘space and place’, though I am not entirely sure what I am supposed to discover, maybe the aim is to discover myself, though that sounds a little philosophic, a tad too whimsical for my tastes. On my first visit I was not really impressed with the images, still trying to find a handle on the assignment and also what I want to say, I feel the need to document and make a photographic statement as opposed to just fulfilling the brief and scraping through, trying too hard has been mentioned more than once. I will say that for students reading this, talk to your tutors and equally as important, talk to your class mates, sharing ideas has given me a small nudge in the right direction, broken windows, litter, old and new building standing next to each other, lack of use of public facilities such as playground and parks. However for part two, I do have a subject, that came to me relatively easier, after some searching and researching on the internet I am intending to photograph landscapes steeped in folklore and or ghost stories, attempting to show how dramatic gorges and naturally born almost symmetrical hills can create wonderful and sometimes spine chilling stories; my intended area is The Barden Triangle and very much looking forward to getting out there, maybe I’ll get a snap of the Barden Bargest.

No comments:

Post a Comment